Monday, February 25, 2013

Spiritual Education in Fantasy

I am confused this week and I don't think I understand exactly how spiritualism in fantasy works. What I remember from class is having a realization and becoming frustrated with the education system. I guess this spiritual kind of education is something that is sorely missing from public schooling. That's a topic for another time I suppose, I just get angry thinking about it.

It just seems like people look at things too much in objective terms. They see Harry Potter as just magic and wizards on flying brooms and whatnot, or even The City of Lost Children as just being a trippy, crazy kinda movie. It's annoying how these things... how arts are kinda thrown aside and neglected belittled. A lot of people see things only as good if it makes money. These stories really, literature, art, they do so much for the growth of individuals, about what the hell it is to be human and having the freedom to live. It's so much more, so deep that I don't understand it, but I know it's there.

It's like learning to un-see things in painting. Not being concerned with painting an apple or the details of a person's face. It's about the shapes, the tones of things. Like in these stories, it's not the magic or the creatures. It's about exploring deeper meaning and subjects through the use of these things.

I still have a lot of questions about this, I'm a bit scatter brained at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment